Sunday, April 12, 2009

When it rains...

So the 2nd Autocrossers Inc. event was a washout. Initially it looked like we could expect the weather to clear around noon, but ultimately Mother Nature decided that a dry autocross wasn't on the to-do list for Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, I want it to rain. I like it when crops grow, reservoirs fill, and all the other great things that precipitation brings. If I had my way, though, it would only rain while I was not in danger of being cold and wet.

I like autocrossing more than I hate rain, though, so out the door I went at a very early hour.

Truth be told, even after working in the rain for a few hours I really wasn't wet. A few years ago I began assembling a killer raingear setup. Marmot pants, North Face jacket, REI brim hat (I hate hoods), and these great NEOS overboots.

One interesting phenomenon about a rainy autocross is to see who shows up. Who else is hardcore enough to brave the elements, often standing in the cold rain for hours just for 4 minutes or so of driving? You know who you are. And for those who didn't come out, it was a lot of fun. I was even feeling warm again sometime on Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment